Tuesday, May 17, 2011

OH Matthew...


Matthew is such a unique character :). Yesterday morning I was praying on my way to a session. Praying for my husband and all of our boys. As I look back at it I laugh because while praying for William and Zakary I was thanking God for their personalities. They're such tender hearted boys...and they have been showing so much love and affection towards me lately. I prayed for their love for God and their future. Then I got to Matthew and although I immediately thanked God for him as well and his developing personality I also had WAY more prayer requests for him and I :). I prayed that God would help me compliment his growing personality and not change it. To discipline him with love and not anger (because he is the one kid that gets the best of me). Everyday is a challenge with him. Always there is something going on with Matt. If he's quiet...he's getting into trouble...he's just that kind of kid :).


Well I decided to take a break from working for a month or so. I didn't think I would do that but I am really limiting the amount of sessions I schedule. This week alone I have six sessions and I want the week to be over. Although it would make this pregnancy go by way faster if I continued to schedule I also realized I wanted to take this last month or so and really focus on my faith, my husband, my kids and the joys of this pregnancy (being our last one). My goal is to really lift up my husband during this time (because we all know it's a stressful time for the hubby's too), spend quality time with my kids (by embracing their every development) and concentrate on the blessings of this baby inside. Through all of this I believe it will really help me focus on my faith...because I know I cannot do any of this without His love :).


So for today..."embracing my kids"...as I was getting the boys ready to bring William to school...I grabbed Matt's shirt. In my head I was thinking..."I shouldn't get him dressed yet b/c he always makes a mess at breakfast...BUT what could a piece of toast do?" Well when mommy gets him a piece of cinnamon raisen toast with a little bit of cinnamon and sugar, leaves the cinnamon and sugar shaker out...this is what I get :)....ENJOYING MATT!!!!




No comments: