Ok so I have so many different questions that i'm pretty sure everyone can give me their input on :).
First thing is first...LEG CRAMPS! Ugh...I woke up in the middle of the night last night with the worst leg cramp in the WORLD. I am not joking...I was crying because it hurt so bad. It was right on the side of my calf muscle...my foot was all retarted looking and evertime it even started to relax it flared back up again.
1. Is there anything you can do to reduce/avoid leg cramps during pregnancy?
Second...Brians work is offering a discount if you purchase a Sams Club membership through them. Does anyone have any pros/cons on this? I don't want to buy one and then never use it. Am I really saving money on things in bulk or is it just the fact that you can buy in bulk?
2. Is the Sam's Club Membership really worth it?
Also - I am looking to buy a laptop. Any suggestions on brand (besides a Mac :D). We really can't afford a Mac so we need to stay with a PC. And...files from my old computer. Can I just put them on an external harddrive and then transfer them back over once my laptop is completely set up?
3. too many questions to re-post them :) look above :)
Lastly - Because of my terrible and weird back pains...I've been shifting my weight differently when I walk. I LOVE going on walks and doing squats still when I'm pregnant b/c they're so good for labor...but because of my awkward walking my knee is starting to flar up at night...after a days work.
4. Do you think it's still safe to do squats and walks with this knee and back pain?
See...told you there was something there for everyone :) Advice greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
As far as Sam's goes...I do have a membership...but I don't use it a lot. I'm such a miser that I run from one store to another chasing deals...but I don't have little kids in toe anymore, so I can run more places. Always benefits in stocking up!! I stock up..just from Meijers...like when they have a Sat. sale..I buy 5 huge packs of TP. You could give it a try for a year and if you don't see savings...don't do it next year.
We've never done Sam's, but we did Costco for a year. I didn't do all my grocery shopping there, but we used it a lot for some things. Like, I bought a lot of meat there - great especially if you have a deep freezer. Would it be possible for you to go once as a "guest" or something just to browse?
When you do squats, do you also stretch your calves? I started doing that when I was getting bad cramps with Soph - stretch my legs, especially my calves, right before bed. That helped. I'm with you - the cramps would be so bad that the next day my leg felt like it had a massive bruise on it!
Personally, I have had a Sam's membership for years. I go back and forth on whether or not to keep it year after year. They have some really good prices on things there (toys, books, clothing) and food things too. It's really a hit and a miss. I definitely save my membership cost so I'm not losing out. I would do a guest day and just take awhile and walk around, jot some prices down, and see really how much you need/save from there!
As far as the walking goes, keep it up but don't make yourself miserable if your knee is bothering you. Stretch well before and after and take a nice bath afterwards to relax your muscles.
My leg cramps were terrible with both my pregnancies. With Savannah the dr actually had me where compression socks (for reasons other than the cramps) but it seemed to reduce their freqency a bit after I started wearing them! Good luck!
Post a Comment