The Pregnancy...
I'm about done with it! I am trying really really really hard to just spend the last four weeks cherishing every moment of this pregnancy but it's very difficult. WE are for sure this is our last one (biologically anyway) unless the surgery Brian had a month ago didn't work...then we're really in for it! In the beginning of this pregnancy it was very difficult. I was super sick all of the time. On top of that I could eat or drink anything I wanted which wasn't a good mix with coffee. The sickness made me quit "cold turkey" and that wasn't pleasant as I was a four cup a day drinker. So on top of morning sickness, which was really all day sickness, I was having withdrawals... not a good combination. Once I got over the sickness this pregnancy was a breeze. I really enjoyed this one. For those of you who are not familiar with my situation...I will have four kids under the age of five. When I got pregnant William was 4, Zakary was 3 and Matthew was 2. Those are not big breaks in between pregnancies. This is my biggest break and I think that is why I am enjoyed it so much or was enjoying it so much. Then the issues started to kick in. I blew up like a balloon overnight, my back started acting up which made my knee to start acting up. I can't continue my daily walks because they put me in so much pain. I can't do my squats because my back and knees hurt so much. By the end of the day I am paralyzed with a heating pad on my back and an ice pack on my knee :(. This is why it is making it so hard to cherish it. AND I'm measuring to be the size of a whale. I never measured too big with any of my other pregnancies...this one...I am measuring two weeks too early. So my prayer is that they're off on my due date and not that it's a baby whale inside of me. My doctor pretty much told me that because I birth big babies without any issues (Zak was a nine pounder) that they're going to let me birth this one :0!
I am able to cherish those movements like crazy. Sure I can't bend down to get stuff off the floor or get my shoes on or my kids' shoes on or put lotion on my nasty dry feet...but I absolutely LOVE the feeling of this little one kicking inside of me. Brian does too. I love watching him/her rearrange, kick or elbow and I just love the feeling and will miss it greatly.
Now...life. Brian and I are beginning to realize the HUGE responsibility God has given us in these three boys (maybe onemore to come). It kind of is freaking me out a little that God has entrusted US to raise these three little boys that are obsessed with talking about their man parts :), into three Godly men who love and desire Him. We never realized just how fast it goes. When William was little I think we both thought we had all the time in the world to think about how we're going to accomplish that...now he's approaching kindergarden...scary thoughts. This summer it is our goal to really instill in him our values and morals...trying to help him understand the concept of God and God's wishes for Wills life. We more than likely will try and do the same thing with Zaky because he is approaching pre-school. Zak is literally right behind William in everything...except size (he's almost exceeded him). If you have any ideas as to how to explain faith based stuff to these aged boys PLEASE advise me in any way you can...it's going to be a tough job but one I am so excited for and one I have to do!Matthew...ahhh Matthew. He is still being a challenge. This morning I was going grocery shopping so I was up before Brian getting ready. My plan was just to bring the boys' in their pajamas, grab donuts and shop before the morning really even began. As I was getting ready and Brian was getting up...Matthew made his way outside with my car keys and was trying to start our tractor. So Brian is picking up a chain lock for our front door today. I have a feeling he is going to be teaching this next kid some not so good things :(.
No comments:
Post a Comment