Monday, March 14, 2011

For the Busy and the Broke!

Now don't get me wrong...I LOVE Mary Kay Satin Hands Set...and if you have the money I HIGHLY recommend you buying it. There is nothing like it really...however. I have mine and was sad to see it go so quickly so I thought there has to be something I can do that is kind of like it :). I wash my hands 100 times a day between wiping noses, changing diapers and going to the bathroom myself every 10 minutes. I remember reading once that coffee grounds were a natural and great exfoliant...so every morning when I make my coffee I take the grounds from the previous pot and put them in a tupperware dish right next to my sink. About two to three times a day when I'm standing there washing my hands I grab some coffee grounds with a moisturizing hand soap and scrub away. Follow it up with some lotion and your hands feel silky smooth. My hands have drastically changed because of this and the Satin Hands set which I still use once a day :).
FYI I tried the coffee grounds in the shower as a full body exfoliant but it got my shower really oily and brown :(...I don't recommend that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, we certainly have enough coffee grounds. I may have to try that! Love you!