Sunday, August 15, 2010

CANADA 2010 DAY #4

Today was a challenge. Our memory verse today was Romans 5:3-5 and it was "right on" for the day. It says, "we rejoice in our sufferings because suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character and character, hope". We literally struggled against waves for probably 1 1/2 hours in one lake because we couldn't find the channel we needed. We finally did! But then it was hard canoeing upstream and doing an all girl initiative where I carried two packs (60 pound packs)!!!! OH I also carried a canoe by myself (very proud). Now we're dealing with SUPER strong winds. Scary! Hoping we get back safely...praying! I do really believe God is challenging me this week...not only in the physical end but in trusting him. I'm so scared on this trip. Silly I know. But as a mom I have a fear of not seeing my kids again. Especially dealing with such strong winds and whitecaps. I'm learning to pray, pray, pray and TRUST that God heard those prayers and is with me. What a hard thing to do...especially out here!
My prayer for the day...
Father God,
Thank you for this trip. Thank you for keeping us safe so far. Father, I pray that you calm the storms around us so we can travel safely home tomorrow.
God this has definately ignited my passion to continue with these girls and youth group. Thank you. Father, I pray that you work in these kids' lives even as we travel home. Speak to them and change them. It seems like every year in youth group the kids become more and more unteachable...sad.
Father, please keep our kids safe and happy. I miss them so much. I am VERY ready to be a mom again and ready to be thankful to be a mom. It's truly something I reallly take for granted. I love you! ~Amen~

No comments: