Sunday, August 15, 2010

CANADA 2010 DAY #5

ahhhhhh! Finished. Do I feel the way I thought I would feel? YES! Accomplished to have done so many things. Happy to have served God in such a unique way! Excited to see my kids again and to be on the main land...safe!



I remember asking myself..."why am I going on this trip?". The main reason I wanted to go was because my little sister Shelby is graduating from high school and youth group so this would be our last missions trip together. She ended up not going because of a busy schedule and I am still going. For what?

Through Monday and Tuesday I was still asking myself this question and getting frustrated. All year I've struggled with the feeling of not being used in our youth group and this trip was encouraging those feelings. I prayed the Sunday we left that God would show me if I needed to be in this ministry or another. Praise Him...wednesday morning I woke up with a strong conviction to take only one girl in my canoe...a certain girl (will not be mentioning her name). I knew it was going to be a tough day and to only have her and me was a challenge.

After our morning routine she and I loaded our canoe and were off. Immediately I started talking to her. My conviction wasn't just to take her, it was to take her and talk to her about her life, her attitude and her faith. It was encouraging and a blessing. She opened up to me and told me everything that was going on in her life. It was in that moment that I also felt God telling me this is where I need to be.

This trip revived my passion for these high schoolers. Spending a week with them...in the wilderness with not technology, I was really able to see their true colors! Of course there are some harder kids...not all are willing to open up to you but the ones that do make serving God all the more better.

I am so excited to start this next school year with these kids. And for those that have graduated...Ilove them so much we're starting a bible study so I can stay invested in their lives. Thanks for reading my journey through Canada!

No comments: