This post will not be straight from my journal...because it's a little too detailed. sorry!
Oh! Oh! Oh! Today is so frustrating. Some of the girls are having such an attitude. Such irrational actions...I honestly don't know how to deal with that. I need words of wisdom in dealing with them.
I am extremely grateful for the time I've had with a certain girl in our group though. I felt this sudden conviction to be with her...only her in the canoe today and I am so happy we were. She opened up to me. I told her about how she puts herself out there and how it doesn't imitate Christ and she opened up so much to me. Praise God for that relationship...I feel she really needs it.
Canoeing was extremely difficult for us toady. The winds were pretty strong and I get motion sickness especially in the bigger lakes where there are actually waves we're canoeing in. Brian actually ended up with us after lunch. Of course it wasn't as difficult then.
Once we figured out which island we were staying at we had solo day. Well this actually turned into 3 hours because we could not located Dereks group for the life of us! Anyways...during this time (right after one girl had a big attitude problem)...I decided Philippians 2:4 was the verse for the girls today, "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others".
My prayer for the day...
Father God,
Thank you! I sit here on an island campsite and say THANK YOU! All around me is water, the sound of waves, trees in great abundance and islands...it's beautiful...you're beautiful and so creative. How amazing are your works!
Thank you for using me today with *************. Thank you for allowing her to open up to me and confide in me. thank you also for giving me words to say to her without hurting her feelings. Father, I pray that you further our relationship and allow it to grow. Thank you Lord!
I love you ~Amen~
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment