Sunday, August 15, 2010

CANADA 2010 DAY #2

It's raining and raining and raining and raining. We literally have puddles under our beds. It's miserable...for me anyway! BUT the kids are doing awesome! I think it's easy for some of them...easier than reality or life back home. I think we have a handful of students who have home troubles back at home and being here allows them to forget about those issues for the moment. There's one girl who is really showing her true colors which I love because it seems like for so long I couldn't relate to her because she was two sided and obvious about it. There is one student who lacks confidence but on this trip he/she seems to have gained it back and feels like a leader. So far the kids have been in the same canoe with each other so today we're switching it up and hopefully continue to do so, so we can create a little family! An intimate group! Very excited.
My prayer...

Father God,
You are so GREAT! As I sit here in my tent for solo time, I think about our canoeing yesterday and how amazing your world is. it's beautiful. Seeing so many different bodies of water, canoeing through curvy channels, seeing a loon and a eagle swoop down to grab a fish...to so many different rocks and cliffs...you're amazing. Thank you! Thank you for bringing me on this trip. I want to ignite my passion and love for these kids so Father, I ask if this is where you want me...show that to me please. I love you
~Amen~

No comments: