Don't worry I don't plan on writing every day how things went but I have to share with you the "instant results" from my first day. So my challenge for yesterday was to not say anything negative to my husband. Again, I don't think I'm a negative person, however when it comes to the kids or the house I think I tend to be the woman who huffs and puffs when he throws his socks on the couch instead of in the dirty clothes bin. So yesterday I decided to not say anything even slightly in a negative manner. I say I received "instant results" and I say that because there were instant changes in both of us. Brian seemed so willing to do anything around the house. He came home early from work and wanted to stack wood and I let him happily :). And for me it was like I instantly appreciated who he is. It made me realize how great of a man he really is. I think so often in my life because it's so consumed with the kids...I really don't take the time to focus on my husband and who he really is. Focussing my attention on Brian yesterday grew a deeper appreciation in me then I knew existed. I will be thanking God greatly for him today.
P.s. another "instant result" thing I did yesterday was through out the day make comments about how he's still "got it" if you know what I mean. He was loading the wood in his truck and I begged him to take his shirt off and that made him feel really good so I continued it through out the day. He was a pretty happy man!
So for the rest of the week here are my challenges. Keep in mind that daily I am going to try the no negativity thing.
Today - have dinner ready when he gets home and an apple crisp made for him to bring to his deacon meeting tonight.
Wednesday - Leave a prayer note in his truck for him to find in the morning
Thursday - family dinner (at the table), devotions and mmmmmmm....who knows :)
Friday - still thinking on this one
Saturday - allow him to go fishing
Sunday - wake up early and make him a good breakfast before he heads off to teach sunday school.
If you've decided to do this challenge with me and I don't know about you...I will be praying for you and praying for it to better your marriage even a little more even if it's already good!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to challenge yourself and me! I'm glad to hear it's going well so far. I don't think there's any way it could be bad actually because isn't this what we're called to do as wives but we fail so often because of our selfishness!? So I'm with you in this challenge!
CW
Well I'm glad you've decided to challenge yourself in this way. I agree this is what we're called to do but I am trying to go above and beyond...not just the everyday things I do to honor Brian...like laundry, cleaning the house, caring for the kids and him but being creative and actually thinking of ways to honor him. If you want to go more in detail email Amanda Ondersma, Sadie VanderKodde and me (they are all in on the challenge as well)...we are sharing what we're doing and praying for each other.
Post a Comment