My 30 day challenge
I decided I was going to give myself a challenge...thirty days straight of showing honor and respect to my husband. Thirty days of lifting him up even if he doesn't need it. Now, don't think that I'm doing this because I'm a disrespectful, unloving wife. That's not the case but I do understand the importance of respecting your husband and lifting him up. I want this to become a habit for me so I decided i would do 30 days of praying for him and finding 30 different ways to show him I love and respect him.
I'M STARTING OVER! Yes...my first day challenge was to say only positive things to him...no negativity. Well I was doing great. The kids were being very needy that day and when he called from work I focused my attention on him and let him do the talking while I listened. He got home from work and said, "our phone conversation made my day". Yes instant results...what we like right? Well he decided to take the kiddos outside. Well it wasn't long and they were all inside because he decided to try and start his dirt bike, which the kids didn't like because they hate loud noises. Then his cousin, our neighbor, came over and talked to him until 8:30. So there you have it, I was frustrated because I had to clean up, give baths and put the kids down all by myself and to top it they were GRUMPY!!!! So when Brian came in I just folded my laundry and said nothing...until he spoke :). I got over it and laughed and said, "today was day one of my challenge to show nothing but love and respect to you...I'm starting over". He laughed as well and apologized a ton.
SO...I'm starting today. My challenge...to say nothing negative to him. Only encouraging words. I plan on posting my progress so if you're up to it...take the challenge yourself. Maybe you're not married. You can still do this with a loved one, parent or friend. Try it...it's really a challenge and don't forget to pray through it.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really love this idea, Stacie. I think I'm going to do it with you.
Post a Comment