Monday, January 17, 2011

What a night!

This transitioning phase is not working out the best. With baby number four on the way we wanted to move the boys around the best we saw fit asap so that transition did not come when the baby transition came. We decided that William would be best with the baby and Zak and Matt would be best together. However...OUR plan isn't working out. The last couple of weeks we've fought with Matthew so terribly to get him to bed (and meg you asked me for advice...HA). He'll pull his books down, climb on his dresser, climb to the top bunk and bug Zaky, flip the light on and off and so on. We fight with him for over and hour. Last night...he wasn't doing anything naughty...just crying and crying and crying. I finally tried laying down with him to calm him down but it didn't last long because he wanted to get up and play. So I left. He cried and cried and cried...so Brian went in there to lay with him. Finally we went to sleep. Two hours later...he is crying hysterically...woke Zaky up and he started crying hysterically...so now I have to get two kids calmed down and back to bed...my frustration is rising. I decided to put Matt up with Zak which worked for Matt but not for Zak.

I know the above sounds like a giant complaint and it probably is. A pregnant mother of three with no sleep...I don't think she's the happiest person on earth :). I decided however to take on the attitude of "I get to do this". Although many days it may seem burdensome and SO frustrating...God has given me the priveledge of doing this. I known and have known people who were unable to conceive or just had an extremely hard time. They would give anything to even slightly share in the struggles I deal with daily. So YES I get to do this and honestly my struggles NEVER outweigh my triumphs. My yells NEVER outweigh my laughs.

Yes motherhood is a huge struggle and as Joanne said a mystery in life...but God has truly given these children to me and entrusted them to Brian and I. He has asked ME to raise three little boys into Godly men. I think that is the encouragement that gets me through each and every day...(right now atleast...ask me my perspective in 9 months when I'm well into raising four little kids :D).

"Our children are a gift from God on loan from heaven above, to train and nourish in the Lord, and guide them with His love." ~sper~

Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Stacie, what a night! I so remember those crazy days and nights, and I'm praying for you guys as you work through this transition with your boys. It's a good thing to write about your struggles: I don't see it as complaining, just trying to sort out what's happening and how you can handle it best. It is important to remind ourselves that we GET to do this...I needed to remember that tonight myself, so thanks for reminding me! You're doing a great job, just keep taking one day, and one night at a time. :) Tracie