Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week 3 of the 30 day challenge

"Comfort each other and edify one another" ~1 Thessalonians 5:11~

So I must say, I truly believe this challenge has turned into a habit. It's been a blessing and I am so happy I felt convicted to do it. I still have one more week to "report" but I truly believe it will continue. See, I've trained my mind to consider my husband more than I usually did...and now I do it naturally. Last week it was nothing for me to do "extras" and the best part of it...if I was unable to get to something or remembered I wanted to take the trash out late Thursday night, Brian was so willing...WILLING to do it. Not that I want to "train" my husband or manipulate him...not at all but it was so cool to see just how his attitude changed as I focused a little more on him and his needs and not give all my attention to our kids and others. Not only has it changed his attitude but when we had event he slightest bit of issue...we were able to talk to each other calmly and with love pouring out and with concern for one another and not the opposite. So...for this week...
Tuesday - family night. I'm going to make caramel corn and pop in an animated movie for all of us to watch. Pray for him, with him.

Wednesday - mid-week love note! encouraging him for his day and letting him know I'll be praying for him

Thursday - if it's nice...have him take Will and Zak fishing, have Matt ready for bed when he gets home and have devotion time...pray with him.

Friday - have the boys do something for him...clean the yard, rake debri from wood...I'll think of something.

Saturday - hopefully a date night

Sunday - SOMEHOW...make the day all about him (even though it's mothers day)

No comments: