Well I am proud to say that I actually finished a challenge thanks to the help and accountability of some friends.
It's been an interesting month. I found that instantly God changed my attitude. Last month I was selfish. Yes I still served my kids and husband wholeheartedly, however, my thoughts in the back of my mind were selfish. Since challenging myself with this, it was humbling to see how God changed my thoughts and attitude instantly. I started to focus on my kids and husband and not just serve them like I'm supposed to do. I started recognizing their needs and asking myself how can I fulfill them?
My husband became so lovey and affectionate which I LOVE...it's seriously my love language. I felt more confident in our relationship which was a huge plus. Was it as easy as it sounds? NO WAY! I remember praying about a month ago for God to give me a challenge (not this challenge I chose to do - but a challenge in life). I asked for a challenge because my relationship with Him seemed distant and my faith seemed weak. I didn't think he would deliver because I didn't receive one but last week (the last week of my challenge)...he delivered. I don't want to get into specifics...but I had to deal with my greatest weakness of all with my husband and it was terrible. I cried, begged God to get me through it, cried, prayed, cried, begged God and so on. I'm still dealing with it and I don't believe I honored my husband completely in everything I did and said, however I am grateful for the challenge. He specifically delivered as well because this issue really is just a challenge for me...Brian is handling my issues so maturely and naturally as if it isn't a challenge for him...our God is a funny one!
So to conclude...I am finished with my challenge...however I feel this challenge of honoring my husband will continue because God changed me inside on this issue. I hope if you weren't able to do this challenge with me this last month, you will choose to do it sometime because it is one that will change you and your husband!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment