This week is the "missions trip" with the Sr. High youth group. Our "mission" is to re-vamp the old facility (church) and in turn making it into the new youth center. I'm so excited for so many things. The ideas flowing out of the students and leaders is so encouraging. We want a ministry that will be student-involved in leadership. We have what we call the "welcome area". This is where students will be greeting new comers to the youth group, registering them with their names, address, email, phone and birthdates etc.... It will be the place where you get all new information about upcoming events, monthly calendar and my dream is to have a "Rhiza newsletter" put together by students and the articles they want to publish. We have this "lounge area" where kids can hang out and be in constant fellowship. We want pub tables where they can set their bibles or coffees or the current book their reading. I'm so excited to watch kids grow...which is the "theme" of the entire building. Rhiza means roots...so the idea is to instill deep rooted faith in the students and watching them prosper and grow into faith-filled adults.
However...getting to this process is a challenge. Once again I'm on a "missions trip" being pregnant. As much as I thought that was going to be the "challenge", you know with bending up and down painting, climbing up ladders, vacuuming with a backpack heavy vacuum, preparing meals, running errands etc...it's not. The challenge is the constant doing to everything but one thing...being with God. You see, being a stay at home mom, I have my schedule. i get up with my husband, make him coffee or pour his bowl of cereal, then when he leaves, I have myself a cup of coffee and I begin my day with God. I do my devotions, read my bible and pray, Oh and if I have time left over...I write on my blog. however, this week is so crazy I haven't had any of that time. I have to get up and get ready asap...pack the kids up so I can be there by 8am to get breakfast going. When it's time for solo time at the youth center, I'm cleaning up so I miss the mini-devotional and solo time. At night time for the debriefing, I go and get my kids and spend the rest of the remaining time with my husband. This week has been a challenge because I only see my kids for a few hours and I have absolutely no time with God. I'm completely exhausted and my attitude is so different. I guess that's the point of this blog. I can see a HUGE difference in me when I don't spend time with God. I'm sad...depressed in a way that I don't have my time with him. However, one thing I have learned is the prayer is prayer. I've prayer much this week but it's been while holding a paint brush, driving, making breakfast or getting my kids dressed. However, time with God isn't measure by actual time...to me it's measured by your heart for him.
i don't think I had huge point to this blog. It actually seems really random to me...but this is my challenge this week.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We appreciate your sacrificial giving!
I know it would be a lot easier to just say you are not going to help with the teens because you are pregnant & have little ones. Your efforts & time does not go unnoticed!
God will bless all your efforts....in changed lives.
Thank You Stacie (& Brian)
thanks joanne - it was a huge challenge but not just this week...working with the teens in general is hard. I have to work very hard to remember that i'm not there to just be friends with them and well liked...I'm there to reach out to them, help them, guide them and mentor them. This summer has been a huge eye-opener, but it's prepared me huge for the upcoming school year. Thanks for your comment.
Well, we certainly appreciate your presence there!...even if I don't have girls.....you just never know who will marry your kids!
Keep up the great job!
Post a Comment