Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankfullness

Ecclesiastes 1

Is everything meaningless? A chasing after the wind?

I think if you have not accepted and proclaimed Christ as your Lord and Savior, then yes, life on earth as we know it is meaningless...definately. Even if you do have a relationship with Christ and stray away from Him...living for selfish desires, then yes, life is meaningless. However, if you daily strive to live to obey God, then your life has great purpose and great meaning. Daily I change diapers one after another. I mop my floor only to have it get dirty again by the next meal. I finish my laundry only to have it piled up again by the next day. I give baths only to have them dirty again within the hour. I bake only to have to clean it up within a half hour...however my life has great meaning because God has called me to love and serve Him by happily loving and serving my husband and children. So to some...actually many...life here on earth is meaningless...a chasing after the wind. But for me, life has great meaning. So today I am thankful for the life God has given me on earth and for the hope I have in my eternity.

No comments: