So I mentioned on my facebook page that I was on my way to a certain kind of meeting. I didn't really want to reveal much until I knew more about it and had some things set in stone.
In January I decided that I was going to try and pursue photography as a business. I knew it wouldn't be easy but I knew that if I could find a way to glorify God through it...I would love it. So what I decided I would do is pray for every one of my clients. Before, during and after the session. I decided I would be open about my faith and view of God and hopefully try and find their faith. Those who were open as well I've written little stories on to spread their faith and some have not been as open. Although I believe this is glorifying to God it still felt like what I was doing was for myself...
until one Sunday morning one of our pastors wife got up in front of the church to promote the Alpha Womens Center Life Walk. She gave the stats of how many abortions had been performed that year but also how many women turned from abortion in their clinic and not only that but how many were saved through Alpha. The lighbulb in my head went off right then.
So I'm now super excited to share all about my "certain kind of meeting". I met with a dear friend Missy and the director of Alpha Womens Center in Cedar Springs (my starting place). We talked and laughed and discussed business that made me very excited. I will be offering a mini maternity session and mini newborn session for those women who choose life over abortion. I'm so excited for this. This gives me the opportunity to meet these girls who decided to give life and not take it, get to know them a little and write a story about them AND pray for them and their growing faith. I already have a "client" in the making!!!!! And a bonus for offering my services...they are going to use all my pictures in their annual calendar that they sell for fundraisers (marketing bonus).
That's it! There's so much to do...finding a name for the actual charity, making a website with the girls' pictures and stories and so much more. So this would be a huge prayer request if you're willing. I would like to spread it throughout other cities as well but that will come with time.
Thanks for listening and thanks a ton for committing to pray for this new phase in my life.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I said a prayer yesterday when I saw your post about a "special meeting." I so admire your new ministry and I'll continue to pray for you as you begin the process.
Stacie, you have such a beautiful, pure heart! I love how you're using such a special talent and always looking for how you can glorify God. And this is just A-MAZING!!!!! I love you and will keep you and this new ministry of yours in prayer.
Stacie,
This is awesome! I'm so glad that you have this desire. Even though I won't see you much anymore, remember that I will still be praying. I can't wait to start reading the stories and seeing your beautiful work!
And of course I'll be calling you when I'm ready for a session of my own :)
How awesome!!! Alpha touches our hearts and your ministry will mean so much to all involved (Alpha workers, mommies, daddies, babies, grandparents..) - for years AND eternity! I will pray for you as you begin. Love ya!
So excited for you and this new adventure! You and Alpha and the details of getting a website going will all be in my prayers! I can't wait to see it all come together!
ahhhh Stac... What can I say? As I sit here with tears streaming down my face. I am so proud of you...sometimes words kind of escape me as to what to say because I'm so overwhelmed.. this is one of those times. You are such a blessing to me and to all those around you. I love you so much!
Mom
Post a Comment