Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thoughts

So I've been ragged on for not writing...honestly I haven't had time to even think about what I could write. Well thanks to my friend, Rhonda, I was given something to write about. Sorry if this is embarassing, but you have to know you were my inspiration. I

I was at a baby shower tonight and as I was leaving Rhonda asked me for a ride home. All the way home she talked about their new house and how great it has been for their family. When we arrived she offered to give me a tour. I was so encouraged through her tour because she was so thankful and so quick to give God all of the credit. Things that seem so small in my life were HUGE in hers. For example, a big kitchen for her entire family to fit in, an attached garage, storage space, a country back yard where she can look at trees and not other houses or her neighbors, separate bathrooms for her kids and her and her husband. What was so encouraging is that when she was talking these weren't things that were new and no big deal...these were blessings in her life. On my way home, to my house that has all of that already i thought about how much I take for granted and how slow I am to give God the credit. I blessed am I? My husband and I, at the age of 24, have a newly build home, two kids and one on the way. Brian has a stable job that allows me to stay home and have the greatest influence on my kids. EVERYTHING I have is because God has given it to me. We may not have a savings account and we may barely make it month to month but I am so rich because of my salvation, my husband and my kids. How great is our God? He uses people in small ways sometimes and tonight he used Rhonda to encourage me. Thanks Rhonda...your humbleness and thankfulness was extremely encouraging.

No comments: