Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Life

First of all...thanks to my readers. The comments left were very encouraging. I wish I knew how to comment back to you all without doing this...it's not personal. Anyways...the boys are doing great. William has his birthday party this Sunday...he's already 2. I always laughed when parents told me..."they grow up so fast", but now that it's reality...I'm not laughing. The days may drag on but the years fly by. He's doing great though. he's talking like crazy. I think he's a little sick of being inside for the winter. Any chance he gets to go outside...even if it's just to get in the car...he runs to his outside toys. One thing I didn't realize at age two is how much they look up to you. the day he started copying everything Brian did (I mean EVERYTHING), I was convicted that now is the time to start instilling things into his life and the first one was prayer. I know we've been instilling love and Godly relationships into his life just by Brian and I having a healthy marriage with God in the center, but I was convicted about being more active in his life. It's so cute and warms my heart now everytime we pray. Not that he knows what it means (yesterday he started praying in the middle of Target...hahahaha), but I know that if I take time with him to pray daily...he has a greater chance of doing it on his own daily as he's growing up.
Zakary is also doing well. He's sitting up and talking a ton. He loves his Johnny Jump Up. He's a big boy. at his four month appointment he weighed 19lb 5oz. and he was 27 inches long. HUGE!!!! I'm very thankful for them both.
It's funny how much life changes huh? One day life is great then it seems like out of nowhere...your life changes again. I know alot of my emotions have a connection to the fact that I'm pretty much done nursing Zak. It's like your body goes through post pardom depression six months later. Anyways...I've been investing a lot of my time in this one teenage girls life. SHe's great! She's matured so much and her faith seems to be continually growing. It was just a few days ago though that I realized, she's not interested in a relationship with me...not a deep one anyways. Our talks were always so vague and pointless. Her attitude turned so sarcastic and almost hurtful. She never really wanted to "hang out" but really wanted me to take her places and that's all. I guess it's so hurtful because I invested so much time with her and wanted our relationship to only grow...but it's not. What good comes out of a situation like this? God does. I've been told many times in my life by several different people how terrible I am or I'm not good enough...all different situations of course. So naturally I struggle with this feeling of "i'm worthless" or "i'm not good enough". Through each situation though, God has shown me that He is all I need and that I'm good enough for HIm. I hold so tightly to that thought and feeling during times like these. I wish I could do it when life is going great! Maybe if I could just ask for prayer during this situation. It's really quite impossible for me to say something to her because of who she is and how she'll take it and the chance of it ruining the one relationship I have with her, but that doesn't mean God can't mend the situation. Thank you so much!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Keep posting, Stacie - I like reading your thoughts, knowing what's going on with you, and am praying for you.

Amanda Gail Miller said...

You're Great. You're blogs always encourage me and I sometimes have the same thoughts. I'll be praying for you.

Amanda Gail Miller said...

oops.. YOUR blogs I meant (not you're) =) Happy Birthday to William!!!