Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Summer Fun


Summer is pretty much over...I think, so I wanted to give an update on our summer fun. Brian took up fishing with a friend and has been very involved with going on trips...although he hasn't brought any dinner home, he loves the time to himself. I took on the Houtman kids 21/2 days a week, along with photography so that's been quite the experience. As of today...I'm still pregnant and never again (hopefully) will I be pregnant through the summer. Then there's William. WOW! He has grown so much. When we returned from our missions trip we converted him to a new bedroom and a "big boy" bed and he adjusted so well. He's still a baby though. Before he was born he was given a white silk blankie by his great grandma Farr and he LOVES that thing. He has ripped it to shredds but still carries it around everywhere we go. It's a nightmare when we have to wash it...I have to make sure it's done before bedtime otherwise it would be a very sleepless night for us all. He loves going on walks and playing outside. Our driveway is on a slope so when he gets on his little bikes and in his cars he just lifts his feet up and goes!!!! His favorite movie is Happy Feet. Anytime I turn it on he looks at me and starts dancing and screaming. I get out his bean bag and he'll sit in amazement through the entire movies (it's usually how I get dinner done). He loves having Gracie and Cooper come over....although they fight constantly I know they're truly best buds. Nobody compares to daddy though. The minute his dad gets home he's rowdie. They usually chase eachother around the house, play catch, put together puzzles or play outside all night long. It melts my heart to watch William observe Brian. Everything Brian does William tries to do as well. It's so cool how William admires Brian at such a young age. We're working on our words and letters, sounds and numbers. He doesn't say a ton of words but he's getting there. We put together alphabet puzzles and number puzzles everyday to get him familiar with those. Along with animal puzzles that make the sound of the animal. He loves to read, play the piano and sing his own songs. His favorite song is and kids bible one..."I may never march..." he loves it and knows all of the motions. He enjoys sprinklers, swimming and finger painting and when outside he loves to crush the ants. But most of all he loves ni-night time...when he's ready...he loves to sleep. There's our summer update!

1 comment:

~joanne said...

You didn't mention his 'big boy' haircut...I saw him in church sunday! What a blessing it is to have a wonderful role model for Will & Zakari...you are soooo blessed!
~joanne