Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Woman I Admire

As I was going throughout my day...completely frustrated by motherhood and daycare I thought of my mom. When I think of my mom I think "super mom"...literally.
I look at her and see all of the amazing qualitites God has given her. Patience...yeah we all "lose it" sometimes but come on, she raised four girls. That is four emotional basket cases. God also gave her a loving and caring heart with those girls. She was and is so good at comforting all of us when needed...even today at age 23 (me). Persistence in disciplining us with love, but just. Wisdom is a huge quality. My mom has given me so much advice and wisdom and not just Godly wisdom, but life experiences...many life experiences. A desire for Godliness. She's always reading and gaining more Godly wisdom. Ahhh...the desire for love. Through a couple bad marriages, she still hoped for that romance and love and what do you know...she found it nearly two years ago. ENERGY!!! honestly she never stops. She only has 5 kids, 1 step son and 31/2 grandkids...two of her kids are still in school making her even more busy. Seriously she amazes me. On top of these attributes..she strives to be a submitting and loving wife all the while still taking care of her image and working full-time. When I think of my mom, I literally make her the modern day Proverbs 31 woman. What's even more cool is to see how God dispursed her qualities among her kids. Each of us has one or more of the qualities my mom has simply because she demonstrated them as opposed to just "preaching" about them. What a simple gesture...spending time with your kids of all ages and demonstrating the qualities God has given you. To this day my mom influences me.
I love her with all of my heart and can say she is one of my best friends! mom...you're the mom I hope to model someday to my kids. Love you!!

1 comment:

steve said...

As I told you previously; You carry allot of gifts from your mother. I know she also helps others who are ready to give up and are encouraged by her faithfulness. Thanks for the great post I hope it encourages all of us to reflect on the people who have helped us grow in our faith.
Thanks!